(This information provided courtesy of OptionLine)
1. Paul M, Lichtenberg E S, Borgatta L, Grimes DA, Stubblefield PG, Creinin MD, Management of Unintended and Abnormal Pregnancy, Comprehensive Abortion Care; 2009 Wiley-Blackwell.
2. Induced Abortion. ACOG Patient Education Pamphlet,
AmericanCollege of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. June 2007.
3. Rock J, Thompson J. TeLinde’s Operative Gynecology, 8th edition, Lippincott-Raven, 1997.
4. Stenchever M, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology, 4th edition, Mosby, Inc., 2001.
5. Paul M, Lichtenberg Management of Unintended and Abnormal Pregnancy, Comprehensive Abortion Care
6. Fox MC, et al. Cervical Preparation for Second Trimester Surgical Abortion Prior to 20 Weeks. Contraception 2007; 76(6):486-95
7. Rock J, Thompson J. TeLinde’s Operative Gynecology
8. Boulder Abortion Clinic, P.C.; http://drhern.com/medicalprocedures.asp; (Accessed June 16, 2008)
9. Pasquini L, et al. Intracardiac injection of potassium chloride as method for feticide: experience from a single UK tertiary centre. British Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2008; 115(4):528-31.
10. Mifeprex (mifepristone) Information. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, http://fda.gov/cder/drug/infopage/mifepristone/ (Accessed June 16, 2008).
11. Mifeprex Package Insert (U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved label), July 2005.
12. Gary M, Harrison D. Analysis of severe adverse events related to the use of Mifepristone as an abortifacient. The Annals of Pharmacology 2006; 40.
13. Medical Management of Abortion. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 67. AmericanCollege of Obstetricians and Gynecologists October 2005.
14. Medical Management of Abortion. ACOG Practice Bulletin No. 67
15. Katz Comprehensive Gynecology, 5th Edition, 2007 Mosby-Elsevier
16. Stenchever, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 2001, 4th edition, Mosby, Inc
17. Mifeprex Package Insert FDA-approved label, July 2005.
18. ACOG Practice Bulletin, Antibiotic Prohyllaxis for Gynecologic Procedures”; No. 74, July 2006
19. Dilatation and Curettage. ACOG Patient Education Pamphlet. AmericanCollege of Obstetricians and Gynecologists December 2005
20. ACOG Practice Bulletin, Medical Management of Abortion; No. 67, October 2005
21. Meich R. Pathophysiology of mifepristone-induced septic shock due to Clostridium sordellii. Ann Pharmacother 2005;39:xxxx. Published online, 26 Jul 2005, http://theannals.com
22. ACOG Patient Education Bulletin, Dilatation and Curettage; December 2005
24. Rooney B, Calhoun B. Induced abortion and risk of later premature births. Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons 2003; 8(2):46-49.
25. Ancel P, et al. History of induced abortion as a risk factor for preterm birth in European countries: results of the EUROPOP survey. Human Reproduction 2004; 19 (3)734-760.
26. Behrman, R and Stith Butler A. Preterm Birth: Causes, Consequences, and Prevention 2006. Institute of Medicine of the NationalAcademy of Science.
27. Swingle HM, et al. Abortion and the risk of subsequent preterm birth, a systematic review with meta-analyses. J of Repro Med 2009 Feb; 54(2):95-108.
28. MacMahon, et al. Age at first birth and breast cancer risk. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 1970. 43:209-221.
29. Trichopoulos, D, et al. Age at any birth and breast cancer risk. Int J of Cancer 1983; 31:701-704.
30. Carroll, P. The breast cancer epidemic: modeling and forecasts based on abortion and other risk factors. J of Am Physicians and Surgeons. 2007; Vol 12(3).
31. Daling, J, et al. Risk of breast cancer among young women: relationship to induced abortion. J of the Natl Cancer Institute, November 1994; Vol 86(21).
32. Dolle J; Daling J; White E; Brinton L, et al. Risk factors for triple-negative breast cancer in women under the age of 45 years. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2009 Apr; 18(4):1157-66.
33. Hsieh C-c, et al. Delivery of premature newborns and maternal breast-cancer risk. Lancet. 1999; 353-1239.
34. Melbye M., et al. Preterm delivery and risk of breast cancer. Bristish J of Cancer. 1999; 80:609-613.
35. Brind, J. Induced abortion as an independent risk factor for breast cancer: a comprehensive review and meta-analysis. J of Epidemiology and Community Health. 1996; 50:481-496.
36. Thorp JM, Shadigian E, et al. Long term physical and psychological health consequences of induced abortion: review of the evidence. Obstetrical & Gynecological Survey; 2003; 58(1):67-79.
37. Templeton S-K, “Royal College Warns Abortion Can Lead to Mental Illness,” The Sunday Times, March 16, 2008, http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article3559486.ece (Accessed June 16, 2008); “Position Statement on Women’s Mental Health in Relation to Induced Abortion,” March 14, 2008, Royal College of Psychiatrists, http://rcpsych.ac.uk/members/currentissues/mentalhealthandabortion.aspx (Accessed June 16, 2008).
38. Cougle JR, et al. Depression associated with abortion and childbirth: a long-term analysis of the NLSY cohort. Med Science Monitor 2003; 9(4):105-112.d
39. Fergusson DM, et al. Abortion in young women and subsequent mental health. J of Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2006; 47(1):16-24.
40. Coleman P, Reardon D, Rue V. Prior history of induced abortion in relation to substance use during subsequent pregnancies carried to term. Am J of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2002; 187:1673-78.
41. Coleman PK, et al. Predictors and correlates of abortion in the fragile families and well-being study: paternal behavior, substance use, and partner violence. Int J Ment Health Addiction 2008.
42. Rue VM, et al. Induced abortion and traumatic stress: a preliminary comparison of American and Russian women. Medical Science Monitor 2004; 10:5-16.
43. DM, et al. Reactions to abortion and subsequent mental health. Brit J Psych 2009;
44. Yang C-Y. Association between parity and risk of suicide among parous women. Can Med Assoc J Apr 2010; 182; 569-572.
45. ReardonDC, Shuping MW, et al. Deaths associated with abortion compared to childbirth: a review of old and new data and the medical and legal implications. J of Contemporary Health Law and Policy; 2004; 20(2):279-327
46. Gissler M, et al. Suicides after pregnancy in Finland: 1987-1994: register linkage study. British Medical Journal 1996; 313:1431-4.d
47. Shadigian EM et al. Pregnancy-associated death: a qualitative systematic review of homicide and suicide. Obstetrical and Gynecological Survey 2005; 60(3):183